On A Quest For the Best Chicken Salad
It has often been said...Any fool can mix a salad, but a wise chef knows it's not just the mixing that matters, it's the combination of ingredients that gives one's salad that magical tasty blend!
While thumbing through an old cookbook from The Vineyard (the restaurant of long ago which was located in the Arkansas Arts Center), I found this delicious chicken salad recipe. The combination of baked chicken, sour cream, and TARRAGON take this recipe over the top and makes this the best chicken salad I've ever had!!!
How to make Chicken Salad...Vineyard style:
4 boneless chicken breasts
Cavender's Greek Seasoning
1 pint sour cream
1 pint mayonnaise
3 ribs celery, chopped
4 scallions, sliced
1 tablespoon dried tarragon
Slivered almonds for garnish
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts. Sprinkle liberally with the Cavender's Seasoning and place on a baking sheet generously prepared with a non stick spray.
2. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for about 20-30 minutes or until done.
3. Allow to cool and then dice.
4. In a large bowl, mix chicken, sour cream, mayonnaise, celery, scallions, and tarragon.
5. Garnish with tarragon or slivered almonds. Refrigerate and serve cold with a gelatin salad, homemade cheese wafers, and a blueberry muffin...Vineyard style!
It was in the Arkansas Arts Center! And yes, this chicken salad is the best recipe I've ever encountered. It's so simple and sometimes simplicity is genius!ReplyDelete